Disadvantages and Advantages of Onlays
Onlays are a popular treatment option in family and cosmetic dentistry, offering advantages and disadvantages. Understanding these pros and cons can help patients make informed decisions about their dental care.
Advantages of Onlays
- Preservation of tooth structure: Onlays are conservative restorations that preserve more natural tooth structure compared to traditional dental crowns.
- Aesthetically pleasing: Onlays are custom-made to match the color and shape of the natural teeth, resulting in a seamless and natural appearance.
- Durability: Onlays are made from strong materials such as porcelain or composite resin, which makes them highly resistant to wear and tear.
- Longevity: With proper care and maintenance, onlays can last for many years, providing a long-lasting solution for damaged teeth.
Disadvantages of Onlays
- Cost: Onlays tend to be more expensive than traditional fillings due to their custom fabrication and high-quality materials.
- Multiple visits required: The process of getting an onlay usually involves two or more dental appointments, which may be inconvenient for some patients.
- Sensitivity: Some patients may experience temporary sensitivity after the placement of an onlay. However, this usually subsides within a few days.
- Potential for fracture: Although rare, there is a slight risk of onlay fracture or dislodgement if excessive force is applied to the restored tooth.
At Keels Family & Cosmetic Dentistry, we take great pride in providing our patients with the highest quality of care and restoring their smiles to their natural beauty.
Our knowledgeable and experienced team is here to guide you through the entire dental restoration process from start to finish, ensuring that your onlay fits seamlessly into your smile. Contact us today to learn more about dental onlays and inlays.
What are the Benefits of Onlays?
Onlays are a popular dental treatment that helps patients. These bespoke restorations restore decaying or damaged teeth conservatively and effectively.
Onlays preserve as much healthy tooth structure as possible. Unlike standard dental crowns, Onlays cover the broken tooth, keeping the healthy form intact. The tooth’s natural appearance and long-term strength and stability are preserved by this conservative method.
Durability is another benefit of onlays. Onlays can survive regular biting forces and daily wear and tear because they are made of porcelain or composite resin. It can last for years with careful care and maintenance, giving patients a long-term solution for tooth restoration.
Onlays have aesthetic and functional benefits. The bespoke fabrication technique allows accurate color matching to the patient’s natural teeth, creating a seamless blend that enhances their smile.
Sealing vulnerable tooth surfaces from germs and plaque onlays can help prevent future decay or damage. We protect oral health and reduce tooth disorders by providing a barrier.
Onlays offer a conservative yet effective therapy for damaged or decaying teeth. Onlays boost oral health and aesthetics by conserving tooth structure, ensuring durability, increasing aesthetics, and preventing future issues.
Onlays and Inlays to improve your smile? Keel Family & Cosmetic Dentistry. Our skilled dentists offer a variety of cosmetic dentistry services. Onlays and inlays are great for tooth restoration. They are custom-fitted restorations that support and enhance the afflicted teeth.
Keel Family & Cosmetic Dentistry provide customized dental onlays and inlays. Our team will discuss your goals, answer your questions, and build a treatment plan that meets your needs. Get your dream smile now.
Schedule a dental onlay or inlay consultation with Keel Family & Cosmetic Dentistry now. Our friendly staff will guide you to optimal oral health and smiling confidence.