Are you experiencing too much toothache lately? Do you get shy about showing your smile to everyone most of the time? If your teeth have evident discoloration and are at risk of decay, then this can be the perfect time for your to consult your dentist and get teeth cleaning dental services. When it comes to quality dental services, you can always depend on our expert and skilled dentist at Keels Family & Cosmetic Dentistry.
What is Dental Cleaning, and How is it being done?
We may not realize it, but tons of micro bacteria in our mouths can harm our teeth’s integrity. That is why dental Cleaning is done to thoroughly clean every corner of your teeth and remove any possible sticking plaques and tartars.
Dental Cleaning is a process done by a hygienic dentist to remove accumulated plaques and tartars, which pose a high risk of cavities, tooth decay, and other teeth and gum problems. Although you can clean your teeth at home through brushing or dental flossing, there is still a need for a much deeper and thorough cleaning to ensure that your teeth are protected and strong.
There are four types of dental Cleaning that you have to be aware of. Every type depends on a specific teeth problem that the patient is experiencing or suffering. Hence, the process’s goal still revolves around protecting your teeth’ entire structure and integrity.
- Scaling or Deep Teeth Cleaning – this dental service is designed to remove plaques on every corner of your teeth, including your teeth’ lower lines and gum pockets. Moreover, scaling is ideal for treating periodontitis and gingivitis disease. Scaling is done on a single dental appointment for those with gingivitis. In contrast, those suffering from periodontitis need multiple appointments since the treatment requires monitoring and further assessment.
- Gross Debridement Dental Cleaning – if you suffer from severe teeth problems and prominent plaques and tartars have accumulated to the corners of your teeth. This heavy-duty teeth cleaning dental service is the best solution you can take. This dental treatment is recommended for those who are not often doing regular teeth cleaning, have difficulty maintaining a hygienic oral routine, or have not consulted a dentist for quite some time.
- Prophylaxis Dental Cleaning – this dental cleaning service is ideal for those with healthy teeth who need preventive treatment to decrease possible tooth decay. The process starts with Cleaning or removing plaques and tartars at the front, back, and sides of your teeth. Everybody can be subject to prophylaxis dental cleaning, especially those who will take their first dental cleaning service.
- Periodontal Dental Cleaning – similar to scaling, this type of dental Cleaning is done to eliminate excessive plaques and tartars on the teeth’s surface and gum pockets. The only difference is that this is done multiple times since gum diseases tend to recur from time to time. So, to prevent this underlying condition from worsening and leading to complications, it would be recommended to take periodontal dental Cleaning as soon as there are signs of teeth problems.
How Many Times Should I Get My Teeth Cleaned?
Knowing when and how often you should schedule teeth cleaning dental service is vital to keep the treatment progressing and to achieve the best result. The common mistake of patients after they get various dental services is scheduling the next appointment. Unfortunately, many forget that the next meeting is necessary to keep the treatment effective.
Now the question is, how often should you schedule teeth cleaning? Here are some points you can check out to guide with this concern.
- Most of the time, your dentists may recommend dental appointments every six months. This is solely to monitor the teeth’s condition, including the heath and structure state of your teeth.
- Some cases where you will be required to schedule multiple appointments a month can be made if you are experiencing severe teeth and gum problems such as gingivitis and periodontitis.
- In addition, frequent appointments may be recommended for patients who are pro-smokers, diabetic, and has a history of severe gum disease. This instance puts your teeth and gums at greater health risk.
Benefits of Dental Cleaning and Dental Services
Teeth Cleaning and dental services are crucial hygienic routines that everybody should cultivate daily. Our teeth are the best asset when it comes to showing our smiles since this is our way of expressing our happiness and giving people impressions. This is why regular dental teeth cleaning is necessary as we grow. At the early stage, the teeth must be treated and maintained well to prevent problems and future consequences.
So, what are the benefits of teeth dental Cleaning? Here are some fantastic takeaways on why dental Cleaning is essential.
- Preventing Teeth and Gum Problems – regular teeth cleaning and treatments will indeed prevent possible tooth decay, formation of cavities, and severe cases like teeth and gum diseases. If plaques are removed from time to time, there will be fewer chances of damage to your tooth enamel.
- Improves Teeth’s Appearance – Dental Cleaning also improves the appearance of your teeth, making them look brighter, whiter, stronger, and healthier. The process includes removing build-up stains and discoloration. Hence, this is one way of keeping a vibrant teeth appearance.
- Prevents Bad Breath – if the teeth and gums are well cleaned, then there would be no reason for bacteria to lure on your mouth. Teeth cleaning helps us maintain a hygienic oral condition. Thus, you have to keep its clean state through this dental treatment service.
- Strengthens Your Teeth – another benefit of teeth Cleaning is it boosts your tooth enamel and prevents possible damage. Since the teeth cleaning process eliminates harmful particles and non-hygienic bacteria, the teeth will be safe from any likely teeth and gum problems.
- Improves Self-Esteem – If your teeth look bright, healthy, and strong, there’s no reason for you to be ashamed of smiling and talking to anybody. Most patients who avail teeth cleaning dental services want to look good while smiling or to boost their confidence.
- Avoids Future Consequences and High Dental Cost – if you cannot maintain healthy and more vigorous teeth, the chances of later teeth problems are higher than those who take regular teeth cleaning treatments. Many people don’t realize how important it is to make regular appointments with your dentist. They thought dental arrangements should only be made when the problem is met. With dental cleaning services, you can ensure that no consequences will be completed in the future, and no possible higher dental cost will come your way.
So, are you ready to get your first teeth cleaning dental services? Trust the experts at Keels Family & Cosmetic Dentistry! We have the best dental services for your needs and requirements. So, what are you waiting for? Call our service hotline and let us help you restore that beautiful smile!